Sunday, February 15, 2009

I tried something new

Let me start by saying I make Cold Process Soap from scratch and have been for some time. I love it and every thing about it, but I was dying to know what the roar was about M&P, so I thought I would give it a try, it was something new to me.

 
So I ordered 4 lbs of Shea Butter Melt & Pour Base and 4 pounds of Low Sweat Melt & Pour Base. I got what is considered quality M&P...... and when it arrived I could not wait to play with it, I wont tell you what my first thoughts were when I opened the bags . 
So I melted and added color and fragrance and then poured and I thought to myself, that's it? WOW!

Here are a few pictures of what I made......
Guest soap - jasmine/rose hip 
Little duck soaps - Unscented

Lollipop soap scents are - Unscented, Vanilla Butter Cream and Energy!  
After allot of research I found that you have to wrap it in Saran wrap to keep it from sweating and feeling sticky......... I think it will be a great filler item at craft fairs and markets, but it's not something I will do often.

I did not feel challenged making this soap and the only limitations are imagination and molds because it is simple and can be fun but it's not for me......

No comments:

Post a Comment